You can record audio using a microphone in the ISO Booth located in Audio Control 1 (ACR-1). To do this you will need to check out a microphone and short XLR cable from the Equipment Room.
There are two XLR ports that can be used in the ISO Booth. You will need to patch the port you choose to one of the ACR1-Mixer Inputs. The ISO Booth patches are located on port # 23 and 24 of the top row ( C ) on lower patch panel. Typically, you will use ports 1 through 4 as they are setup for Mic level audio on the Yamaha board. Keep in mind the HA GAIN may need to be adjusted for proper audio levels. For more information on configuring gain control settings, see the Input Gain Settings and Input Gain Fundamentals articles.
- Input Gain Fundamentals
- Input Gain Settings
- YouTube Recordings
- Monitoring Audio from Mac Pro through the MOTU V4HD
- Monitoring Audio Directly from the Mac Pro, Bypassing MOTU V4HD
- Recording Audio from Talkback Mic at the Editor Workstation
- Recalling Setups on the Yamaha LS9
- ProTools Setup for the MOTU V4HD Audio Interface