Please follow these instructions for reporting computer and gear related issues to our engineering staff.
- Click the problem report icon on the dock of your computer.
2. The following webpage should appear.
- You can either search for a solution to the problem you are experiencing using the search bar, or you can submit a request by clicking the “Submit a request” button at the top of the page.
- If you cannot find a solution by searching our database, once you click the “submit a request” button, the following window should appear. Please fill out the following information:
1. Your email address: Your ETSU email address.
2. Subject: Short/Generic description of the issue
3. Description of Problem: Further detailed description of the issue, this including any error messages and the steps you took to get to that point.
4. ETSU Computer or Equipment Bar Code Number: You will input the number that is on a sticker located on the computer. (Ex. 908*** or T56****) or a barcode with a set of numbers on a piece of gear.
5. Attachments: This is where you can take a screenshot of the computer screen and attach to the ticket. This helps us out tremendously, because we can see your screen and the issue you are facing. To take a screenshot, you will hit “Shift-Command (⌘)-3” and this will take a screenshot of your screen. The screenshot will automatically save to the desktop. That is where it is located when you go to attach it to the help ticket.