In Master control it is essential that all servers and editing computers have their internal clocks synchronized. This allows for the scheduled time to match the actual play time. Additionally it has been noted that some login issues can be attributed by a mis-match between the DNS and the offending Computer.
To set date and time on a Mac computer:
- Right click or control + left click on the time display in the menu bar.
- Select open date and time preferences.
- If the the small padlock icon in the lower left corner of the Date and Time windows shows unlocked skip to step 6.
- To unlock the panel click on the padlock icon.
- Enter administrative password when prompted. (If you do not have administrative privileges then contact your local system administrator.
- In the RTVF facility at ETSU you will enter the ip address for our NTP time server.
- Assure that the Set date and time automatically check box is selected.
- To the right of the statement "Set date and time automatically" there will be a text field. In this text field enter 126.96.36.199.
- Make note of the current time press the enter key and see that the time changes to the correct time.
- The time set-up procedure is now complete.